Encouragement For The Weary Mom


I woke up this morning feeling really downcast. I don't really know why. I just felt defeated and tired and sad before the day even began. I spent some time in the Word and prayer. Still sad. I wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep away the sorrow. In my mind I know I need to give care and attention to my family but there are days I don't feel like it. There are days when knowing it will not move me. So, I must move past my feelings and that is difficult. There are little people that depend on me to love them, feed them and participate in activities with them. Truth be told there are days when I don't want to spend time with my kids let alone plan activities for them.

The days are long and hard and not every moment is enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I love many moments with my children but some moments are so, so, so very difficult. Like when you're outside together and you realize your two and three year old have yanked 10 plus hydrangea buds that were about to flower off the plant. Or when I forget to put a diaper on my potty training child at naptime and everything is drenched and stinky two hours later!!!!! Then there is the almost impossible task of calming the emotional life of a toddler and preschooler all while trying to do school work with my older two.  I know my children need me. However, on some days knowing that in my mind is easier than actually putting it into practice. I want to just hide. Anyone else?


Putting into practice what I know takes intention and lots of prayer. This morning as I spent time in the Word I read this verse from Psalm 18:33 "It is God that arms me with strength and makes my feet of a deer, and sets me on high places." So, I'm brought to His feet because of my weaknesses and selfish desires. If I lacked weakness, I wouldn't need the strength the Lord can provide. So, I take off the covers and allow my feet to hit the floor. Breathe. I don't need to carry the emotions of my children, hold onto the frustration of destroyed plants or sulk over stinky pee clothes. Breathe.

I can give it into the Father's hands. His hands are stronger than mine. What do you carry that can be lifted into the Father's arms? Maybe feelings of sadness like me this morning? Overwhelmed with the tasks at hand? His hands are stronger than yours. Will you let Him hold you? May you praise the Lord in your weaknesses and like Psalm 18:33 says; may you let Him set your feet on high places. Then may you rejoice in the discoveries of your children, experience warmth from their smiles and laugh at all the things that bring them joy.


For More Child Development Ideas and Encouragement Be Sure To Subscribe!

To subscribe: Click "Subscribe" on my Home page. Fill in your info and wait for an email from "Feed Burner" to confirm your subscription.

Thanks For Stopping By!

Instagram: @at_home_with_dot


Comments

  1. Praying for you sweet friend. Take care. Hope you get a break or time away soon. Your honesty is very brave. Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my sweet friend! Being Honest is both brave and therapeutic! I have grown so much through writing and I hope it brings encouragement to others!

      Delete
  2. The Father's hands are stronger than mine. I love that. Thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I've read this post over a few times just to encourage myself again and again and again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord's Plan For A Stay At Home Mom

Through Your Child's Eyes

DIY Outdoor Play Kitchen