Mommy Restart

Find Refreshment Right Where You Are

With this year quickly ending and a new one approaching, I thought I would dedicate my next several posts to rebooting! Like a New Years Resolution...but instead a New Years Restart! You know when your computer gets sluggish and it doesn't do what you want? You have to take care of it, right? I'm not a computer genius but I do know you must occasionally delete, refresh, defrag and maybe even call in a professional. Well, its the same with us! We must reboot every so often, so we can do the best at the tasks set before us. That will look differently for everyone and maybe you already do this in some form or another.

I'm just now reading up on this, but according to Wikipedia reboot can happen in a few ways (again I'm not an expert): The hard version "where the power to the system is physically turned off and back on again..." or the soft version "where the system restarts without the need to interrupt the power. The term restart is used to refer to a reboot when the system closes all programs and finalizes all pending input and output operations before initiating a soft reboot." I think we're the same way. Sometimes we need a hard reboot where we need to just shut down and do nothing...all power off (usually that means I'm really sick). Then there is the soft reboot where maybe you just need a quick break...coffee, a warm bath, or a glass of wine. Finally there is the FULL RESART where we need to stop (for just a bit) bringing in certain stimuli or giving out of yourself (although giving of myself can actually be like a restart for me...more on this later). My focus will be on the FULL RESTART!!!


Even Jesus took the time to rest and pull away from the crowds. When Jesus was speaking to his apostles he said, "come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." Mark 6:31 Then a promise directly from Him in Psalm 23 says, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul..." I think he provides different green pastures for each of us in different ways for refreshing our soul. What green pastures has he provided for you? What talents, hobbies or time has He given you to bring refreshment to your soul?

I'm looking forward to sharing with you my thoughts and ideas about rebooting ourselves as women, wives and moms. Come back and visit this next month as I dive into what I do to reboot and why I feel it is so very important. Restarting can really help in giving us that soft reboot to get us through the day, week, or next year. So, if you haven't already, lets begin hitting that restart button more often because this year is going to be good!

Comments

  1. I'm guilty of always pushing my limits and I always end up exhausted! Thanks for the reminder friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These posts are a constant reminder for me! Thanks for reading my thoughts! It really means a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord's Plan For A Stay At Home Mom

Through Your Child's Eyes

Our Adoption Story